September 24, 2012

Tour of Homes-






This back door welcome began with a very old
almost falling apart wooden ice cream churn-
added some gourds,pine cones.lotus pods &
freshly cut vines-And that says Fall...or
Welcome-whatever you want it to say!




 
 
 

 
 
Behind the freshly cut mucadine vines is what
"Looks like" driftwood"..it was dragged from
along QUICKSAND CREEK, NEWTON, TX.
and came with us when we moved. Sometimes
it graces a large table forming the base for
a centerpiece with things like gourds, pumpkins
The round wrought iron pc is a Grits Mill.
It also came with us from the S.E. Texas farm.




 
 
This table also made the move from Texas with us 2006-My sweetheart built it from boards that
came from the farmhouse kitchen floor original 1906 construction. She said: "No, whatever you
do DO NOT trash those boards." So he turned them into this primitive treasure and also a small
kitchen table we now have on a porch. The hardware holding the kitchen towel from an antique GENTLEMAN'S CHIFFEROBE [free standing multi use closet for the man of the house]


3 comments:

  1. I know I told you this morning, but I think this is my favorite piece you have! I LOVE things that have stories behind them.... I can imagine someone churning away making a yummy treat! LOVE this! & LOVE you! Thank you so much for joining in, and I'm so sorry you had blogger troubles... :(

    -Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, all these goodies just by your backdoor. I swoon! Your hubby built that cool table? Goodness, it's all so inviting and intriguing!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that grits mill...you have so many nice things with stories! The best kind.

    ReplyDelete

This is intended to be an exchange of thoughts, recollections and ideas.
A note /comment from you Makes My Day- I would be honored to have you sign on as a FOLLOWER.