July 06, 2015

First Things First~

 

Thoughtful Thoughts

Jonell
 


[In the interest of full disclosure:  I am not a Bible scholar nor do I have anything framed and hanging on my wall to suggest that.]
 
 
 
Matthew 6: 33 KJV
But seek ye first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness: and all these things shall be added unto you.

 
I especially love this verse and have you heard it set to music?  A beautiful little chorus- straight from scripture.
 
When I was reading this off my smart phone as I was doing the morning coffee thing..had to scroll back and read the previous verses.  I had thought okay I will do a little searching here and see what someone smarter than me has to say.  Low and behold even I can understand what it means [KJV].
 
People all around us tell us you have to have a Bible scholar or a commentary or at very best a newer, simpler translation to have a chance of knowing what that Bible is saying. 
 
So often that just is not true.  Of course I do use, read or study from another translation randomly. Ted's NIV was his go to translation in recent years and since I have it handy I will pick it up just as readily.
 
Let's do a little elementary examination here:  But - seems to refer me back to all the previous verses
(read just a few then move to Verse 33 and continue reading)
 

 "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God" & "His righteousness"

sounds like in the simplest form:  "Seek, Look for, Focus on, Aim for, spend time on meditate on-
the things of God..."
 

And...."All these things shall be added unto you"

All these things is referring to the "aforementioned" things He told us not to worry, fret, and lose sleep over....what's going to happen in the future, where's our food, clothing shelter coming from.
 
 
 

Next Verse:43

Take no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself......
 
This sounds so much like what my husband said to me so often when we would {me} be considering things that might, could, would or should happen in the future.
He would say:  "Is there anything you can do about it? Then let it go."
 
That's it right there y'all...
All those things that occupy our minds, our days, even our nights at times -we need to
Let it go
and
Focus on Him allowing Him to be the Heavenly Father who is sovereign ...
has all the problems and the answers -the present and the future
 
 

Seek ye first...and All these things...

 
 
*The Holy spirit can shed light on scripture from any translation. If you have a computer, a smart phone you have access to countless translations or commentaries
 

1 comment:

  1. Love the scripture and your thoughts for today lady! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

This is intended to be an exchange of thoughts, recollections and ideas.
A note /comment from you Makes My Day- I would be honored to have you sign on as a FOLLOWER.