July 19, 2015

Zinnias & Life... Guest Post by Heather at Stringtownhome

Thoughtful Thoughts

Zinnias & Life...

 
 
Life is good.... extremely busy, but good.
 
 
 
 
 
 

I  feel  like I am spending more of life on the road, than anywhere else.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My new teaching job is 45 minutes away....
I am so thankful for the opportunity, and right now I am only working to get my classroom ready,
but, those 45 minutes on the road (one way) have been a lot to get used to.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Regardless, life is good.
I have a tendency to complain about being tired, or busy, but life. is. good.
really, good.
I see people around me suffering with terrible things, and I remember how blessed I really am.
 
 
 
 
 
 
I am reminding myself, before I open my mouth to gripe and grumble, many of the things that I complain about, many people dream of filling their days with those things....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Last week the little one had to have dental work done (she is the new owner of a shiny, silver "princess" cap).  Oh my goodness, that stuff is expensive!  BUT - we found a way to pay for it.
Many mamas and daddies don't know how they will buy milk or bread...
My. life. is. good
 
 
 
 
 
My house is a disaster area right now.... Seriously, y'all.... a science experiment is being conducted in my kitchen, as we speak....
 
But, I have a roof over my head.... I have my mortgage paid.... I have electricity.... I have food.... I have clothes.... Life. is. good.
 
 
 
 
 
Have I told you that life is good?!  I can't remember if I mentioned that, or not
 
((wink, wink))
 
I'm not gonna lie, I can grumble with the best of them.
But, my prayer today is that when I do start to mutter a complaint, that I am reminded how good I have it.
 
 
 
 

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”  Matthew 11:28-30

 

And, if in this moment, you find yourself battling something that is beyond a day to day stress.... something that you feel is bigger than you can handle, or that you should be bearing, remember that HE is there.... the God of all creation is there for you...

 

“God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.  Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and mountains quake and with their surging.”  Psalm 46:1-3

 
-Heather
 
 

4 comments:

  1. what a lovely post to put into perspective that which is truly important. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is marvelous. That's just what I shared with my sister in law this morning in our devotions...we have so much to be thankful for - we all have something going on, but the constant is that God keeps his promises - he is steady - he is true - we have so much to be thankful for above that!
    Beautiful post - have a blessed week,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful guest post! Yes, life is good!! 45 minutes drive one way is not ideal, but just to have a job is a blessing. Love the gorgeous zinnias. One of my favorite annuals!
    hugs
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post~ God is good for sure and I love it that His Word says that He will never leave us nor forsake us. What a wonderful promise from Him. The 45 minute commute would be my time to do me some talking and praying for sure! Happy Thursday! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

This is intended to be an exchange of thoughts, recollections and ideas.
A note /comment from you Makes My Day- I would be honored to have you sign on as a FOLLOWER.