June 07, 2015

June's Guest Blogger from Stringtown Home ~

Thoughtful Thoughts Worthy of Sharing-

from

Guest Blogger

 Heather at Stringtown Home

 
 
 
I'm up at 2:30 AM... my eyes are droopy from the exhaustion left from my typical Saturday, filled to the brim with fun. 
 
I love a good estate sale. 
 
We stumbled upon many, one of which I'm sure the little lady was a hoarder.  I kept reminding myself, "One man's trash, Heather... one man's trash."



Perhaps it was the excitement of the day that has me unable to drift into a sleep.
If I am really honest,  it is the worry that tends to find its way into my mind
 after the house is still and quiet. 

 I begin to think about everything that needs to be done.







My plans tend to become loftier and my "to do" list tends to grow during these wee hours.  I yearn for a good night's rest.  I haven't had one of those in a while.  I suppose it is from being a parent, for I think that is when I began my bouts of insomnia. 


There are moments in my days that seem fortuitous... others, as if they are forced by my own hand.
I'm learning to live in moments, rather than planning it all out, as if I really have a choice in the matter.  When I really think about that, realizing that life is truly out of my hands, I recognize the pettiness of losing sleep.


Do you lose sleep and worry? 

 What in the world are we accomplishing?

N O T H I N G ~
One of my very favorite hymns is

 "I Surrender All."
 
Every time it is chosen for congregational singing, I belt it out with the best of them.
"All to Jesus, I surrender.  All to Him I freely give.  I will ever love and trust Him.  In His presence daily live.  I surrender all.  I surrender all.  All to Jesus I surrender.  I surrender all." 
When I am done singing, I tend to reach  down and pick up that bag of worry I laid down... forgetting  I've just handed it all to the God of creation..  I forget the One writing the story just offered to let me rest, while He carries those burdens, I pick them  back up.  
This loosing sleep..... this ritualistic behavior of letting thoughts and burdens weigh me down, to the point of exhaustion and insomnia, is getting me nowhere.


If I live an upstanding lifestyle... things look pretty on the outside.  Who will know I am up at 2:30 AM (now 3:00)?  I'm inside a dark, quiet house.  The answer is obvious... no one.  But, there is someone who sees the time I'm wasting on worry.  And, it is obvious to Him I  don't trust that He is big enough to carry those burdens. 
The most important person in my life, God, is seeing me up, losing sleep over things out of my control.   I am demonstrating the level of trust I have that He is able to carry my burdens.  Not only am I taking moments that I need to be resting, but I am  hurting His heart.  


My prayer this morning is that wherever you are... whatever your worry... you'll lay it at the feet of Jesus, knowing there is nothing that you can do to change your situation by losing sleep... stressing... worrying. 

 Let go, and let Him have it.

 




25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry
about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what
you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than
clothes?
26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If
that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and
tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you
of little faith?
31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."



Matthew 6:25-34


*Please stop over at Stringtown Home and let Heather know you appreciated her late night inspirational thoughts
 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, once you become a parent it seems as if there is always something to worry about.

    ReplyDelete

This is intended to be an exchange of thoughts, recollections and ideas.
A note /comment from you Makes My Day- I would be honored to have you sign on as a FOLLOWER.