F is for FINICKY~Yes JENNY Matlock I confess: I am a FINICKY grandmother, I prefer to NOT be called that; favoring the softer Gramma and yes I can spell it this way if I want to and I do! I will be sharing at http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/2012/06/alphabe-thursday-letter-f.html and I hope you will follow there and read some of the other F compositions, remarks, poetry or prose, whatever.
The word FINICKY is defined thusly: adj. fin·ick·i·er, fin·ick·i·est
Insisting capriciously on getting just what one wants; difficult to please; fastidious: a finicky eater.
- I refuse the tag of FINICKY eater but yes I have to admit to most of the remaining definitions. As a FINICKY Gramma I do like things done my way, on my schedule etc.
- I want things returned to the exact spot where you found it..not ocassionally-every time. I want to be able to reach for it in the dark and find it in that same spot. Uh, why not?
- It just makes life so much more uncomplicated. I expect beds to be made in the morning, kitchen counters to be shiny, clean and uncluttered. Why not?
- I expect toilets to be flushed EVERY TIME, towels to be almost ANYWHERE except on the floor. Why not?
- And yes, I expect cups and glasses to dissappear INTO the dish washer when no longer being used. Uh, why not?
- I know this may be difficult to accept but I even expect dirt, trash, mud and leaves & such to be left if not in the yard on/in the door mat. Yes, thats what that doormat is for.
Yes, I have a perfect right to be a FINICKY GRAMMA..in fact I am on the verge of saying "And proud of it."
[Note to Children and Grands: Love you ATWABA ]