June 18, 2012

Revamp A Lamp, Part 3: My Daughter's Lamp


Hello, all!  Sorry I missed you last week... I was on vacation with my mom & sister, enjoying some much needed girl time!

Anyway, the last of my "Revamp a Lamp" posts will showcase the lamp I have in my daughter's room.  It was an easy "revamp".  I purchased an old, 60's style lamp at an estate sale for $10!  The column was a gold leaf, and the shade was gold, as well.  It was dated, but definitely still had "good bones".  To redo the lamp, I simply sprayed over the gold leafing on the column, to make it a nice white base.  Then, I wrapped the shade with a beautiful brown paisley material that has great texture - a satin base with velvet paisley detail.  I added some burlap and mauve fabric roses, and vintage buttons.  Lastly, I added a pink grosgrain ribbon edging to the top of the shade for detail.  I love how pretty it sits atop a column side table built by my hubby.  It sheds just enough light on our rocking chair that I read "night, night" stories to her in. 








3 comments:

  1. Yaayy ..first in line to brag on Lamp ReVamp #3 Soooooooo cute..no, it's cuter than "so cute"..Thanks again for sharing! What a lucky ducky your little princess is - I cant wait to see what new project is up next week.
    jh

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect and pretty addition to your little girl's room. It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT! Very Girly! I'm now following you back!

    ReplyDelete

This is intended to be an exchange of thoughts, recollections and ideas.
A note /comment from you Makes My Day- I would be honored to have you sign on as a FOLLOWER.