June 08, 2013

Some of Us Just Like the Spotlight, Don't We?

Are you [like me] one of those people who are drawn to the spotlight?  Do you often end up "Center Stage"? Are you most often the leader, the Committee Chairman or the 'Go To" person?

No pretense here:  "I can relate to that."  As I analyze my own personality and look back at my history I have to be honest.  I am pretty much a Performer, a Producer, a Planner, a Promoter. That's me.

Now for the punch line:  Consider with me this observation.  As we look around this world especially in our American culture today, everything is about Me. It's all about what we want, what we need and what we are willing to do to get it

Isn't that the exactly the opposite of what Jesus tells us in God''s Word. While satan whispers telling us how important and great and special we are God's Word teaches that "We Become More only When We Become Less."

"God created the world out of nothing and as long as we are nothing He can make something out of us."  [ Martin Luther ]

No Preaching here..these words just 'spoke to me' and I just wanted to throw it out there for any who
might make use of it this morning.  I am the one who needed it..take what you like or need.

It's Saturday Morning - Now I have something to ponder while I work in the yard.


Looking Forward,
Jonell

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is intended to be an exchange of thoughts, recollections and ideas.
A note /comment from you Makes My Day- I would be honored to have you sign on as a FOLLOWER.