December 30, 2015

Not About Presents But His Presence ~








 Yes, Yes, that 9 foot tree is  D.O.N.E....For all the seasons since 2006 I have continued to be on the hunt -in season & out- for a FEW MORE perfect ornaments that fit my Silver, Gold, Clear Glass & White O.N.L.Y...(No others-no red, green, blue etc) Some were significantly Vintage...a few verging on antique..others 21st century, handmade or a bit of age qualifies them.



Ah, yes - so many Christmastime memories especially when you've had a life so long as mine. So many I cannot share a post that captures them.






This post won't be finished today...believe that! It's already becoming scrambled eggs in my head. Consider the childhood memories..the simple, often sad lessons learned memories of times so different than now. That's called HISTORY...my history.







Then there are the theme Christmas memories..the hard times when giving is in your heart but never in your pocket book,remember any of those?







I always...I mean always have loved to be the GIVER. One great thing about this season of my life is I am NOT caught up in the traditional Christmas gifting of the past..





How I wish as a child I had the influence of this age of creativity-had I known how to make something from nothing and pick up bundles & pieces of God's creation and repurpose it as I do now...oh well that was then..the beauty & the gifts were of a different kind.










In another era the fresh fruit from Florida filled us with joy and thankfulness..and the candy canes were delightful.  The Raisins [grapes dried on the vines] made a lifetime memory for my husband to cherish.



I shall always remember the family gatherings when a daughter in law or the Grands  ransacked my closets, drawers to find scarves, ties, robes, towels or fabric pieces to dress themselves for their own production of the Christmas Story-the Bible story of Jesus' birth.  The most recent featured our great grandson Lincoln as the baby Jesus.




While it is not a gift but a memory there is very little more precious to me than the Christmas Eve Candlelight service at church and also setting out luminaries along our side walk during the season. 




Remember, we began with the statement that it
[Christmas] is not about presents but His Presence?




No comments:

Post a Comment

This is intended to be an exchange of thoughts, recollections and ideas.
A note /comment from you Makes My Day- I would be honored to have you sign on as a FOLLOWER.