December 20, 2014

Oh, Christmas Tree ~

 
I am not doing an open house tour for you this year but I do think you might enjoy  my tree of choice since 2006[  http://christmastime-atgrammashouse.blogspot.com/ ]  I call this theme "Shades of White" ~ the only ornaments included are white, gold, silver and clear glass.  Each year I am alert to finding a surprise addition  usually in antique or flea market venues.  I just wait for something to catch my eye and know it's going home with me.
 
 
Come,  sit a while and enjoy
the Harrison House 2014 tree
[It won't likely come down until the first week of 2015]
 


...Short people like me often have recognizable

limits when it comes to lighting and decorating a 9 ft.

Christmas tree.

 




 
This opaque white ceramic treasure came in a box of 12 

 
A one of a kind for me anyway- a lovely gift from a member
of  my Lydia S.S. class.
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
Sugar Bells I think they were called

 
 



 
Looking for large ornaments this year- found only 3
of this beauty and one broke as I unwrapped them- it
still works tucked a little toward the back you cannot
see the broken side.

 
This tree was our first ever artificial tree in 2006 & I 
have been adding new ornaments each year as I find
them..[ at the right price of course ] 2013 & 2014 came
the larger ones to balance the entire design.
 
 

 
 
 
My all time favorite Tree Skirt is this ultra simple design
using a bundle of clear lights covered with cotton- Wish I
could take credit for this but I vaguely recall spotting it on
a famous designer's website. My forever choice now.
 
 
 
 
Wishing for you whatever meets your greatest need during this season.  For many it's difficult to find a MERRY CHRISTMAS.  I am still there.  But with the redemption and merciful provision of the Savior, God I serve I can reach down and find inner Joy.
 
If it's time alone with  a perfect solitude that you need [as I often do] then I pray you have wise loved ones around you who will understand and allow for that.
 
If it is a festive  spirit you need....go for it  dear ones!
 
Looking Forward...
 confident in knowing who holds the days ahead.
                                        Jonell
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

This is intended to be an exchange of thoughts, recollections and ideas.
A note /comment from you Makes My Day- I would be honored to have you sign on as a FOLLOWER.