March 28, 2010

A New Word

TIMEWORN-
Perhaps it's not a "new" word but it's not a word I can recall using.
While Ted and I were having Sunday Dinner [ lunch?] that I didn't have to cook, we were talking and as I tried to find the right word to describe a very dated shopping center Marquee the word/phrase "timeworn" came to me.

I immediately thought: "Hey that could describe ME!"
Not to worry, I didn't dissolve into tears..in fact I almost LOL as the thought came to me.  Maybe instead of calling myself an old, aging or elderly [noooooooooo] lady, I am just timeworn or "worn by time."

Come on, laugh with me!
Definition: "Showing the effects of long use or wear"

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is intended to be an exchange of thoughts, recollections and ideas.
A note /comment from you Makes My Day- I would be honored to have you sign on as a FOLLOWER.