November 27, 2010

The Days~The Season

God is so Good! Loving the excitement in the air...typical November in the deep south weather-sunny, a cool crisp fall feel and just enough breeze now and then.

 God really knows how to MAKE DAYS, doesn't he?

The old folks climbed into the attic this morning~hauled down the containers filled with strings of lights and other decorations for inside and outdoors.  The chore we mastered with the greatest amount of pride was  getting the [boxed] 9ft. tall Christmas tree down the attic stairs.  Actually it was easy all because of the way my helper had ingenuously wrapped,knotted and tied the box with a rope.  He held the free end while the long heavy box just slid down to the kitchen floor.  That knot tying course in the Navy comes in quite handy at times. 

While we aren't aiming to get the indoor project done until mid week we will be fairly organized now..the tree is together out on the screened in side porch..waiting for me to do the magic shaping and as my friend "Shirley" says FLUFFING up the branches. I have to be careful not to get ahead of myself..

This is the plan:  The outdoor lights and displays comes first..then the HOUSE CLEANING and finally the indoor decorations..sounds like a good plan.  I will let us know how it plays out. [to be continued]

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is intended to be an exchange of thoughts, recollections and ideas.
A note /comment from you Makes My Day- I would be honored to have you sign on as a FOLLOWER.