December 20, 2010

Sweet Rememberings~

Thinking about how times, relationships and expectations of loved ones have  changed:

Remembering Grandma Mobley- She never cooked my favorite food.  In fact I don't recall having a favorite food.  It was just good to have food. 


She didn't have a basket or box with toys set aside or bought for me and I don't even recall having a writing tablet or a special book she had for me or the other grandchildren to use at her house.

As a child I don't remember getting a letter or a love note from Grandma.  She never asked me what I wanted "Santa" to bring me and never went to a school function or special program I was in as a child.  I can't recall her ever giving me money  or sending me a birthday card.

So how is it that I have nothing but loving fond memories of my Grandma Mobley?

We never had a list of things she had to do in order to measure up as my grandma? She was who she was and we loved her ...just as she loved and accepted us, each one treasured  in her heart...none more than another.  She was my Grandma in a time when people accepted each other without trying to reshape and remake to suit us. She [or Grandpa] didn't have to do anything to be loved and treasured by me and all my cousins.

They didn't "measure up"...They didn't have to.  What a treasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is intended to be an exchange of thoughts, recollections and ideas.
A note /comment from you Makes My Day- I would be honored to have you sign on as a FOLLOWER.