June 14, 2009

Where My Mobley Grandparents Lived

The only house I ever recall My Mobley Grandpa and Grandma living in was the primitive dog trot farmhouse down  the lane from Uncle Jack and aunt Laura Mobley's. (a mile from the Mershon-Crossroads)

 
 

That farmhouse was always immaculate..the yards didn't have a sprig of grass [it was promptly chopped up with a sharp hoe] and was literally swept clean with a handmade brush broom made from a bundle  of branches.

 
 
Harrison1906DogtrotFarmhouseNewtonTexas.JPG
 
This is NOT my Grandma and Grandpa Mobley's house. It is the
1906 dog trop farmhouse we owned during our Texas years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is intended to be an exchange of thoughts, recollections and ideas.
A note /comment from you Makes My Day- I would be honored to have you sign on as a FOLLOWER.